2013. The Year that was...

I know i haven't been a religious blogger as much as i want to but please let me take this one post (among the rare blogs posts.) to let you know how awesome my 2013 is.

1. It was the year i set foot on top of a very active volcano - Bulusan, Sorsogon. And not to mention travel 16 hours to the jump-off. It was one of the most amazing hikes ever. One that you wish you can do as often as possible. 



2. It was the year i climbed up the stairs to heaven, where the stairways are lush green. 



3. It was the year i survived Caramoan. Yes this bastard gave us a hard time but no it's not about that. i am just in awe with this place as much as, well, everyone else in the world. 



4. It was the year i learned to revenge mountains go back to the very same mountains just for the heck of it. i've heard once that you never climb a mountain the same way ever. true enough that every experience gives a very different and equally thrilling perspective.




5. It was the year of cliff dives.





6. It was the year i literally swam an island to another - Ave Maria Island to Turtle Island in Nueva Valencia, Guimaras - I'll never forget those coordinates. It was a bit scary, not to mention exhausting but it's one of those things that i sure will regret should i bailed out. i mean c'mon, it's just swimming in an open water to reach nearest island... how hard could it be. Michael Phelps be like, "yun lang pinagmamalaki mo na? Noobs!"






7. It was the year i finally set foot on Mindanao. Some people actually won't believe me that my trip 3Q this year is actually my first time in Mindanao. And boy, you know what they say the thrills of the first time. 

 




8. It was the year i discovered the amazing world underneath my beloved sea. Though i chose not to pursue certification,  these fun dives and free dives are arguably the best experience of my life.




9. It was the year i visited Palawan. i don't think iv'e to elaborate more on this.




10. It was the year i paddled, then pulled my chest upward, and finally stood up on top of the waves.



So there. Dormancy may have flushed my blog stats down but not the blessings for me this year. I am just immensely thankful for all these opportunity and gusto despite the very hard year that was. 

And oh, happy birthday to me. #Cheers


________________________
Hey i'm on Twitter and IG:


1 comment: