Majayjay Falls, and pouring my heart out...


November 18, 2012
Majayjay, Laguna

Simple out-of-town trips like this are my way of coping with what I deal with, or should deal with in my life. This 5hr road trip from Manila roots from that. Yet again I always say this blog is not my shrink, so I’ll try my best to do this entry talking about the place and not about how I poured my heart out to my friends and booze.

Little did we know that commute to Majayjay will eat up 5 hrs. We should’ve left Manilaearlier. We got to the falls nearing lunch already.  Green Star, HM Transport and DLTB buses takes you to Sambat, Sta Cruz, Laguna for roughly P110. From Sambat, take the jeep to Pagsanjan and drop yourselves off to Sta Cruz Public Market for another jeepney ride to Majayjay. Those jeepneys pass by the Sambat Fork with full passengers. You can take your chances especially when you’re travelling aloneif you want to save a short jeepney ride. But it is better for you to just take the ride in the terminal since the jeepneys are not that frequent as well.


Fare to Majayjay is P35. That jeepney should be able to take you to the terminal where you can ride or charter (if you’re a large group) another jeep to Taytay Falls. Normal fare is P15. Chartering a tricycle would range from P20-P50 per head depending on your haggling skills.

Brgy outpost at the end of that Majayjay-Taytay route will cost another P20 for the registration/entrance fee. If you plan to rappel down the falls, one should secure a brgy permit from this outpost and have it presented to the martials down the falls. We have learned this the hard way since we only asked them if we can set up rappel and they said yes, but the tanods down the falls as I’ve said did not allow us since we do not have the effin  written permit. That’s such a downer since I really have looked forward rappelling down that amazing falls. Oh well, next time you falls!






Some 10 minute walk from the outpost will lead you to the majesty of the infamous Taytay falls. For those who are confused btw, Imelda Falls, Taytay Falls, and Majayjay falls all pertains to this falls. She just goes with many names. And aside from the falls with many names, it has also been pegged to have tons of visitors. Tents and flysheets are everywhere staining the serene view of the waters.








With that I totally appreciate my climbs. To waterfalls rarely reached by people. That fact that you get to appreciate a beauty not everyone can see this easy.





The crystal clear water is intensely cold. Still not enough though to numb my heart, so it’s just something to drown the tipsy. Oh snap.


Well, going back to travel blogging, we stayed until 4PM to get a hold of the last jeepney trip back to Majayjay downtown. Should you wish to stay overnight, locals offer tent rentals for P200. Nothing is really not allowed in the area so I think you can bring any foods and drinks you like. Although still a bit crowded for my taste, the place still is generally clean and cozy. And proven by our rappel fail, the place is surrounded by martials from the barangay all the time.




I have mentioned a lot that Laguna is one of my favorite weekend destinations. Travelling to this part of the province offers tons of nature tripping destinations for hikers, water lovers, and adventurers. Given that I have been to Laguna quite frequently already, there are still a lot to discover. These destinations never fail to rejuvenate one’s senses and heal broken pieces of one’s self.

Oh well, that’s just mine right there. Can’t seem to help it still pourin my heart out since as I write this entry, I’m still nursing a hangover.Darn.So be it. 



_______________________________
Hey i'm on twitter - @rome_john

2 comments:

  1. I have never been to this part of Laguna. I wish I can do waterfall hiking here. Have you been to Buntot Palos? I saw pictures online, it looked amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buntot Palos is in Pangil po right? Never been there as well. Mejo northern part of laguna. The rural parts of laguna are awesome! ;p

    ReplyDelete