Nagpakapagod sa Pagudpud - The North Tour

July 20, 2012 
Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte


Click here for the first part of my Pagudpud Day Trip  Pagudpud SouthTour




Kabigan Falls. The weather is a lot better so we hit the road 30 minutes north of the town proper. And as for me that day, this is where my Pagudpud tour began. 



I paid 100 for the tour guide as we trek a bit to the falls. Sun finally came out with all its glory and i couldn't be happier. The trail is scenic and and Ate Rose, my trail guide, is cheerfully chatty. 

After 20 minutes, there i am, lured in to the beauty of the majestic Kabigan Falls. Ate Rose told me that all rice plantations throughout the area gets their water supply from this current thus the name kabigan.  She is not only chatty but a bit of a cam whore tolerant. Took pictures of me while i dip in the very cold waters of the pool. 





Then what i did next is something i thought i'll never have a chance to that day... wear my shades. Sun isn't going anywhere but with me. 


Patapat Viaduct. How can you go wrong with a road by the shore? 





Paraiso ni Anton. Kuya Arnel told me Anton is the rich owner of the rest house across the street of this stream. There's not much to see in here so we moved along.



 Agua Grande. Kuya Arnel seemed to have known what intrests me the most. So he told me not to enter this resort since it's fairly the same with what i bathed in Kabigan Falls. I also have mentioned that i am excited to see the other side of Pagudpud's shoreline. 



Timmangtang Rock. The road to the beach is magnificent. Kuya Arnel even showed me the area where the Walang Hanggang teleserye shot its infamous hill scene. 






Bantay Abot Cave. This reminded me a bit of Kwebang Lampas in Quezon. This probably is the heart of Pagudpud's beauty - inviting beach to your right and gorgeous mountain and golden grass hills to your left. How can you not be in love with this place?



Dos Hermanos Islands. or what they also call twin peaks. This is the end of the road of my trip. My camera battery left me minutes ago and it's just so frustrating not to capture whta i am seeing then. I tried climbing the first peak but half way thru, the uneven and soft soil scared me. With its 80-90' assault, i wouldn't even dare try my luck reaching the summit of that little hill. 



Blue Lagoon. This is the other side of Pagudpud's shore line. I saw Kuya Arnel's frustration as we saw the water a bit disturbed by stronger waves than the usual. But i'm kind'a expecting that already. I tried the beach for a while and just enjoyed the impeccable beauty of the place. 





I washed off for 10 pesos in a store where Kuya Arnel parked his tricycle. Since it's just 5PM and the the beach i know will not be better by the next morning, i decided to go back to Laoag and spend my last night in Ilocos in the city.


_______________________________
Hey i'm on twitter - @rome_john




No comments:

Post a Comment