Nagpakapagod sa Pagudpud - The South Tour


July 20, 2012
Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte



Since i knew myself not being a fan of city tours, i scheduled my Pagudpud trip from Laoag  earliest possible time.  But since it had been raining and the tricycle barely knew where to lead me, i missed the 5AM first trip of the bus to Claveria. Thinking that i am wasting much time waiting for the next one, i hopped in a van to Claveria and asked some people waiting in the bus station to join me.

 We hit the road at 6.30AM and arrived at Pagudpud past 8AM. My guide, Kuya Arnel was already there waiting for me. I am gathering all my optimist for a sunny day since it had been raining the entire journey. I availed of both the South and  North Pagudpud tour at a haggled price.

South Tour

Kang-Kang Windmills. I did not let the gloomy skies ruin my day i roamed the Bangui beach like it's summer time. I ha d been very excited to see these windmills in person and i don't think it'll look differently during summer. 



I saw a familiar couple who were on the same flight as i was the night before. We chatted a bit and exchanged numbers and FB. They were travelling together like it's their honeymoon. 


As we leave for the next destination, the sun showed up a bit and that gave me giggles. 


Cape Bojeador. A town down south of Bangui is our next stop. Much to my dismay, i am greeted in here by a downpour. It would've been a great panoramic view from the deck. 


Bangui Little Baguio. This is a viewing deck of the Bangui Windmills from a hill with pine tress around. Since we're both soaking wet, Kuya Arnel, just being realistic, asked me if i am still willing to continue the tour given the bad weather. Sad as i am, i just told him to pursue the road up north and we'll stop once the weather gets really bad anytime  of our tour. We cancelled the Kapurpurawan Beach stop in our itinerary and headed straight to Pagudpud downtown. 



Pagudpud Arch. As we approached Pagudpud, the weather got better and probably Kuya Arnel really felt my enthusiasm with this trip so went on chatting with me about his town. 



We dropped by Kuya Arnel's place to change our soaking wet clothes from the rain. I really had my fingers crossed for the weather to be better. I only have until lunch that day to decide if this trip is still worth continuing. 



Well, at least lunch had been joyous. Bagnet + Pinakbet = Ilocandia Happiness. And while we eat, i try not to think of the weather and the sun seemed to pick up its pace.





North Tour

Saud Beach. This is where i plan to stay for the night so i went down to check it. The beach is not at its best fit since it had been raining for quite a few days now. But since the sun is peaking out, i can not miss the opportunity to try the waters of Saud. 



Saud Beach kicks off the North Tour but the itinerary starts some 3o minutes away from the town proper. 

Click here for the second part of my Pagudpud Day Trip - Pagudpud North Tour


_______________________________
Hey i'm on twitter - @rome_john

No comments:

Post a Comment