Day Hike Festival 2012

October 14 - November 11, 2012 Dayhikes


Day Hike Festival
Mt Damas, being my first major climb, gave me the courage to take on bigger challege. So i accepted a friend's invite to conquer Mt Pulag via the killer trail. But damn i know i shouldnt be  taking this sitting down. Yes i want to climb the third highest mountain in the Philippines,but i  also wanted to go down. Alive.
Thus this series of day hikes.
I honestly didnt intent to plan this. All i wnated is a series of climbs that would prepare me physically for Pulag. But the invites came flowing in and before i knew it, my five weekends had all been booked.
Five Mountains in Five Weekends.
This isnt all about Pulag though. These mountains are also so common i'll be very frustrated if i really never climbed before the scheduled end of the World this December.  Also a huge attempt for me to escape from the stress i'm having in almost all parts of my life at the moment. Though this is not the venue to pour my heart  out on that. ;p
Maculot- Rockies.

It made me realize that my fear of heights is so cheesy i need all my strenght to get rid of it. After five weeks,i can say i have improved tremendously.
Pinatubo.

This bourgeoisie mountain gave me another challege i have yet to accept. Trail Run. Being a whimpy kid, i had always looked for a sport i could fell in love with ever since i started taking care of my physique. Many attempts had failed but this trail run, as hardcore as it is, is enticing me. Although i still need more convincing if i really can do it.
Manalmon.
thanks to Elmer for this picture
A friend rated this mountain -1/9. Well, can't balme her. But that doesnt mean this trip is less of an adventure. Madlum offers a number of peaks to hike, caves to spelunk and rivers to cross and swim. I totally enjoyed this day not only because of the place but also of the people i'm with.
Batulao.



This mountain told me i am improving. My body is conditioned with steep assaults and my backpack is prepared for all  possibilities. My every step is filled with eagerness and my pants are oozing with happiness. My stories to my new found friends are all about the mountains.
Tapulao.

If Batulao told me things i have, Tapulao pointed me to the things i dont have. I need to improve on my patience, and my sense of responsibility. Both for myself and for other people around me.

The beauty of the mountains gave me more than a visual treat. Before week 1 of this series, i told myself that i'll rest after wrapping up.But as i write this, my mind is lurking on Akiki trail already. Then i knew i'll never get enough. 


_______________________________
Hey i'm on twitter - @rome_john

No comments:

Post a Comment